Post subject: Dude
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:21 am 
Guild Master

I am let down by this game.

Anyone else???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:36 am 
Administrator

I should be able to play some tonight. Got it installed last night and patched it up (I think). I went to bed during the patching process.

Burning Sea!

Tabula Rasa?

CoD 4?

Post subject: Re: Dude
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:11 am 
Dominant

Hellbourne wrote:

Anyone else???

You're just getting sucked back into WoW and want to play your Shammy :P

I'm having fun with it and about what I expected which is 10x better than the demo but not a game that will probably keep my interest for more than a couple months which gets me to WH

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:28 am 
learning2post

Daaang dominant websiteeee whats the new guild website?

Post subject: Re: Dude
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:43 am 
Dominant

Hellbourne wrote:

Anyone else???

so...are you planning on playing the game at all?

this reunion turned into me and aldos hanging out but no one else has been seen except for turaco on occasion and Fae for one day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:10 pm 
Guild Master

I tried making a character yesterday afternoon. I think I tried over 40 different names, none of which were available. Took me about an hour and then I gave up, frustrated.

Don't take it personally, just that HG:L has been doing nothing but letting me down since I got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:57 pm 
Dominant

I've come to learn that if Rob isn't the one doing the rallying and recruiting, things (whatever the endeavor may be) tend not to pan out.

The game is Diablo II v2.0. If you were an obsessed D2'er, you'll enjoy this game. If you got one character through Hell and said "that's it, F this game," you'll be done with it very quickly. That's the simplest way I can put it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:15 pm 
Guild Master

Aldos wrote:
I've come to learn that if Rob isn't the one doing the rallying and recruiting, things (whatever the endeavor may be) tend not to pan out.

..or it's that I'm not happy with the game - like I've been saying since it's release...

What does that even mean anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:21 pm 
Dominant

LOL did you even get ingame?

It's actually pretty fun & I figured you are just readdicted to WoW now so that's why you hadn't been in HGL

I'm actually pretty pissed right now because it's been a couple days and I cant even log into my character along with MANY other ppl. If you browse their forums there is a lot of big issues since launch and not just the normal bugs I saw with WoW and SWG. Looks like they released a game that wasn't ready and now don't have the resources to back it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:32 pm 
Dominant

this game kind of reminds me of doom...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:39 pm 
Dominant

Hellbourne wrote:
..or it's that I'm not happy with the game - like I've been saying since it's release...

Until you get the chance to play the game with one of us, I'm gonna feel like you didn't even give it a shot. It's like me being told to try asparagus and pushing it away before trying it just 'cuz it appears to be something I won't like. As far as I've seen (granted I tend to log off around midnight EST) you have not given the game a halfway decent shot.

You mentioned to me on the phone that you tried the game for 15 minutes. Later you said that you tried for an hour to make a character and then gave up. I guess I'm just confused. No one is saying you have to like the game. I certainly don't expect that. All I would encourage you to do is take a chance to hack and slash with one of us for an hour or so, then decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:52 am 
Dominant

Hellbourne wrote:
Aldos wrote:

Think he meant you love games for the leading and building up a team to kick ass more so than any part of the game and you basically wont get that in this one so...you're back to WoW. Honestly I'm just enjoying busting on you because you were the one that found the game and got us to buy it then quit after 15 minutes. This game is more or less meant to be played solo mostly as is and we just talk on vent to share info that we find out as we are playing or just to BS. This does NOT mean I can't make fun of you for ditching us though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:35 pm 
Guild Master

Hmm, to clarify:

I created a character named "Daisho" on Halloween, played it for about 15 minutes. I didn't like the wordy quest dialogs, didn't understand the UI, and didn't feel like reading the instruction manual to figure it out. I got to the subway station and zoned into some area where I proceeded to clear the area but couldn't find another exit so I went all the way back to the beginning. At that point I saved and exited, unimpressed.

After the weekend I came back and decided to give it a more serious look but could not get past the character creation screen. I spent an hour (at least) trying to come up with a name I liked that was not already taken with no luck. I don't want to play Daisho because I'm not crazy about the name. Naming is a big thing for me in RPGs and I simply will not enjoy the game if I can't create a name I like.

I don't like how it changes all your character settings (face, hair, etc) when you change their class. It's a huge pain in the ass. Plus the hair styles and general appearance leave much to be desired, resulting in a mediocre-looking character I'm not really interested in playing.

So, here I am now, not in a rush to play a game I've tried and am not really interested in pursuing. Yeah, I'll get around to checking it out more in depth if I can ever find a good character to make that I actually want to try and level up, but until then it's just not a priority.

And to expand upon the asparagus reference, I didn't push the game aside without trying it. I did try it, and I thought it sucked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:56 am 
Dominant

xXxHellbournexXx sounds like a good name to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:56 am 
Dominant

Hellmetrosexual

Hellcaliforniasux

Helliluvpaul

Hellhectate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:35 am 
Less forum, more WoW

Cliffy wrote:
Hellmetrosexual

Hellcaliforniasux

Helliluvpaul

Hellhectate

I like:

Stillbourne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:49 pm 
Dominant

Post wrote:

I like:

Stillbourne

Post wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:49 pm 
Aldos wrote:
Post wrote:

I like:

Stillbourne

Post wins.

Oh dear, I second that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:50 pm 
Dominant

wow post, that was very good, by the way how have you been?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:59 pm 
Guild Master

Hmm, I've been trying to kill this guy in the garden market square (the boss dude through the portal) and the game crashes whenever I get him to about 30%! Tried 3x so far!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next