It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: 60 Warrior
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:53 am 
Desitina's brother told me to talk to her about joining Dominant, then she directed me to Faethor, me and him had a long chat, he liked everything I said and said it sounded promising, and told me to app to Dominant. There were a few items I was hoping to get before the time ever came when I had to app to a new guild (shield, Wrath legplates, new two hander, Styleen's Impeding Scarab), so I'm not as geared as I was hoping to be, but Faethor said my gear was acceptable (this is almost a re-play of when I apped to The Pirate Kings in full Valor). In The Pirate Kings I showed up for every raid I was signed up for (which was pretty much every raid), was never missing in action, the only raids I didn't show up for were ones I wasn't signed up for, but I still went online just incase a other warrior didn't show up. I was there for most of The Pirate King's first BWL boss kills (and just about all of their first Nef attempts, and was there when we first downed him), I was there for every first AQ40 boss kill (except Prophet Skeram), so I was there for EVERY Twin Emps attempt until we downed them (alot of attempts), and was there for every C'thun attempt. If Nenharma stamps me with DENIED 'cause of me not having that much Naxx experience and the items I was hoping to replace that I was talking about, I won't be surprised. The last raiding guild I apped to was Jolly Rogers, 'cause one of their officers told me to app, and this was the best guild offer I got at the time, but it turned out they had way too many warriors, and that I would NEVER get a raid spot 'cause of that (they also didn't like that I'm friends with a certain someone that use to be in their guild, and didn't like some of the guilds I use to be in), so it didn't work out. The reason I mentioned this is 'cause I know you don't like people apping to you and other guild(s) at the same time, so wanted to make sure you knew that app was closed. If you give me a "WTF YOU APPED TO JR BEFORE US?", that's because I was told to app by one of their officers, so I thought it would be better to app to a guild that had an officer that was interested in me, going to vouch for me, etc. Now that I had that chat with Faethor, I made this app. As for raiding goes with you guys, I wouldn't mind being a kind of part time raider (I honestly would prefer that over full time raiding), like if I'm on and you need a warrior I'll go, if another warrior says he can't make a raid then I'll take his spot for that raid, or if a warrior has to leave early and I'm on then I'll take his spot. I'll be able to raid more than not being able to make it, I just don't want to be so relied on like my last guild. There are just certain very important RL things I can't skip for raids that I have before and came with bad results (I'm an active player, I'll ditch little things for raids, but certain very important things I can't). People I know in Dominant are, well, I'm friends with Scotto, who use to be in Dominant, and I've talked to Desitina, Faethor, Ghostness, and Orenishii before. I have full BWL, MC, Onyxia, ZG, and AQ20 experience, have experienced everything in AQ40 except a few optional bosses and downing C'thun, and little Naxx experience. I enjoy PvPing with orginised groups, and have done it alot before with a variaty of differant groups (have reached rank 10, exalted with all three factions).

Your Name : Chase

Character Name : Chasemo

Your Age : 20

Level, Race, Class : 60, Human, Warrior

Are you fully attuned (Ony/BWL/Naxx) : Yes.

Your current talent spec : 31/20/0

Your current gear (briefly) : http://ctprofiles.net/1006578

Have you killed C'thun and Ouro? I've experienced getting C'thun to phase 2, and doing everything in phase 2 except getting swallowed by him (hot).

Experience in Naxx : Experienced Noth attempts (I know, doesn't impress Dominant), trash before Noth, and trash in Abomination wing.

Highest PvP rank: Rank 10.

Your guild history (briefly) : OMG THATS SO DELICIOUS (merged with Horde Huggers), Horde Huggers (merged with The Fallen Legion), The Fallen Legion (guild died), Relentless (left), The Pirate Kings (left), Bears of Oboo (kicked for apping to a raiding guild even though they don't raid), and Sapped Girls Dont Say No.

Why are you leaving your current guild to join us? My current guild isn't a raiding guild, just a joke guild.

Why should we recruit you over anyone else on this server? I'm a reliable person, have good communication, laid back, sense of humor, don't take things too seriously, know how to play my class, and not a drama queen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:20 am 
One more thing, I didn't post the schedule 'cause I can be available or not be on any day (like what I was talking about in my post), I don't have a specific schedule (currently don't have a job and don't go to school).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:33 am 
Dominant

i'm not going to state the obvious here because my eyes hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:03 am 
Less forum, more WoW

Last edited by devilution on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:38 am 
Has-been, Ex-guildie Troll

Paragraph breaks are your friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:27 am 
learning2post

ghostness votes turgo on cliffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:07 am 
Less forum, more WoW

ghostness wrote:
ghostness votes turgo on cliffy

/signed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:41 pm 
Guild Master

Quote:
As for raiding goes with you guys, I wouldn't mind being a kind of part time raider (I honestly would prefer that over full time raiding), like if I'm on and you need a warrior I'll go, if another warrior says he can't make a raid then I'll take his spot for that raid, or if a warrior has to leave early and I'm on then I'll take his spot. I'll be able to raid more than not being able to make it, I just don't want to be so relied on like my last guild. There are just certain very important RL things I can't skip for raids that I have before and came with bad results (I'm an active player, I'll ditch little things for raids, but certain very important things I can't).

This, unfortunately, is exactly the reason why we cannot recruit you, or anyone else with those same wishes at this point in the game.

Look at this logically:

We have to invest the same amount of time in a player whether they're casual or hardcore. If you're there, in the raid, and we're on Thaddius, and you don't know how to kill Thaddius, we have to TEACH you if we want to succeed.

So, now if I ask you which would be a better pickup for us - someone that is eager to progress, wants to make every raid, and looking to become a strong core team member? or someone that is hoping to play casually, if they're needed, attending less than the normal number of raids in a week?

Considering we have to spend time training both players on the content? Where does that put us when you are not online and we need someone? I'll answer it - training someone else.

When someone plays casually, and by casually I mean attending a few raids per week, hoping to be "a filler" it opens the door to a world of gray area. What happens is that person sits in the guild for 3 months, then one day goes off about how everyone else in their class has 5-7 pcs of tier 3 while they only have 3, even though they've been in the guild the same time, because they somehow miraculously forgot that they miss 1-2 raids a week, which in turn causes unwanted drama from our members that have 100% raid attendance and live and die for the guild and progression.

You have indeed come recommended. People praise your skill and attitude, but I have to say no - to this and any other application like it, because right now people that want to play "here and there" end up collecting 4 pcs of tier 3 and quitting the game. They are not around when times are rough, they complain the loudest when things don't go their way, and they let us down the most when we count on them.

Join Dominant because you want to fucking defeat the hardest, most rewarding content in the game, and for no other reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:38 pm 
Alright, I'm willing to be an actual raider then. I guess I was just seeing if I could get away with the casual thing. =P

Post subject: Re: 60 Warrior
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:01 pm 
Less forum, more WoW

Anonymous wrote:
Desitina's brother told me to talk to her about joining Dominant, then she directed me to Faethor, me and him had a long chat, he liked everything I said and said it sounded promising, and told me to app to Dominant. There were a few items I was hoping to get before the time ever came when I had to app to a new guild (shield, Wrath legplates, new two hander, Styleen's Impeding Scarab), so I'm not as geared as I was hoping to be, but Faethor said my gear was acceptable (this is almost a re-play of when I apped to The Pirate Kings in full Valor). In The Pirate Kings I showed up for every raid I was signed up for (which was pretty much every raid), was never missing in action, the only raids I didn't show up for were ones I wasn't signed up for, but I still went online just incase a other warrior didn't show up. I was there for most of The Pirate King's first BWL boss kills (and just about all of their first Nef attempts, and was there when we first downed him), I was there for every first AQ40 boss kill (except Prophet Skeram), so I was there for EVERY Twin Emps attempt until we downed them (alot of attempts), and was there for every C'thun attempt. If Nenharma stamps me with DENIED 'cause of me not having that much Naxx experience and the items I was hoping to replace that I was talking about, I won't be surprised. The last raiding guild I apped to was Jolly Rogers, 'cause one of their officers told me to app, and this was the best guild offer I got at the time, but it turned out they had way too many warriors, and that I would NEVER get a raid spot 'cause of that (they also didn't like that I'm friends with a certain someone that use to be in their guild, and didn't like some of the guilds I use to be in), so it didn't work out. The reason I mentioned this is 'cause I know you don't like people apping to you and other guild(s) at the same time, so wanted to make sure you knew that app was closed. If you give me a "WTF YOU APPED TO JR BEFORE US?", that's because I was told to app by one of their officers, so I thought it would be better to app to a guild that had an officer that was interested in me, going to vouch for me, etc. Now that I had that chat with Faethor, I made this app. As for raiding goes with you guys, I wouldn't mind being a kind of part time raider (I honestly would prefer that over full time raiding), like if I'm on and you need a warrior I'll go, if another warrior says he can't make a raid then I'll take his spot for that raid, or if a warrior has to leave early and I'm on then I'll take his spot. I'll be able to raid more than not being able to make it, I just don't want to be so relied on like my last guild. There are just certain very important RL things I can't skip for raids that I have before and came with bad results (I'm an active player, I'll ditch little things for raids, but certain very important things I can't). People I know in Dominant are, well, I'm friends with Scotto, who use to be in Dominant, and I've talked to Desitina, Faethor, Ghostness, and Orenishii before. I have full BWL, MC, Onyxia, ZG, and AQ20 experience, have experienced everything in AQ40 except a few optional bosses and downing C'thun, and little Naxx experience. I enjoy PvPing with orginised groups, and have done it alot before with a variaty of differant groups (have reached rank 10, exalted with all three factions).

Your Name : Chase

Character Name : Chasemo

Your Age : 20

Level, Race, Class : 60, Human, Warrior

Are you fully attuned (Ony/BWL/Naxx) : Yes.

Your current talent spec : 31/20/0

Your current gear (briefly) : http://ctprofiles.net/1006578

Have you killed C'thun and Ouro? I've experienced getting C'thun to phase 2, and doing everything in phase 2 except getting swallowed by him (hot).

Experience in Naxx : Experienced Noth attempts (I know, doesn't impress Dominant), trash before Noth, and trash in Abomination wing.

Highest PvP rank: Rank 10.

Your guild history (briefly) : OMG THATS SO DELICIOUS (merged with Horde Huggers), Horde Huggers (merged with The Fallen Legion), The Fallen Legion (guild died), Relentless (left), The Pirate Kings (left), Bears of Oboo (kicked for apping to a raiding guild even though they don't raid), and Sapped Girls Dont Say No.

Why are you leaving your current guild to join us? My current guild isn't a raiding guild, just a joke guild.

Why should we recruit you over anyone else on this server? I'm a reliable person, have good communication, laid back, sense of humor, don't take things too seriously, know how to play my class, and not a drama queen.

Oh my. I can play this game too.

There are a few things wrong with this application. The first thing I noticed is that text. I have my screen resolution set to 1900 x 1200 so you can imagine what something like that would do to my eyes. As Devilution sTated with his Picture, "the tab Key is your friend." Second is experience, while someone can always be trained, as Hellbourne said, we would have to teach yet another person each fight. While some fights can be learned on the fly, there are fights which can't. I will skip other things that I see wrong with this application as even my own wall of text is hurting my eyes as I type this. So I will go right ahead to the most important part of your application (get ready). You state that in the "Why should we recruit you over anyone else on this server?" part by stating that you are reliabLe......But reliAble to whom? Would you be so reliable that you can make every raid, perform to the best of your abilities, bring all of the materials you need, a positive mental attitude, all to just let another guild ninja a dungeon which your guild put everything into just so you can impress a group of people who would otherwise never talk to you? I'm not going to say what I'm talking about, but I think most of us get the picture.

With that being said:

You see what I did there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:11 am 
Dominant

Nenharma, you should work for the NSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:23 am 
Officer

Nenharma has a gift....one of his...many gifts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:54 am 
learning2post

nen, wow... im speachless...

you rock man ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:36 am 
Dominant

I miss you Nen LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:54 am 
learning2post